Thursday, September 25, 2008

Abortions- For or Against?

I recently was doing some research on the Proposition 4. This proposition
The proposed initiative, if enacted as a constitutional amendment, would:

* Provides exceptions for medical emergency or parental waiver.
* Permits courts to waive notice based on clear and convincing evidence of minor’s maturity or best interests.
* Mandates reporting requirements, including reports from physicians regarding abortions on minors.
* Authorizes monetary damages against physicians for violation.
* Requires minor’s consent to abortion, with exceptions.
* Permits judicial relief if minor’s consent is coerced.


This all brought up in my mind to look more into what goes into abortion's and procedures and if I thought is was important for a parent to have knowledge of this or not. So I researched the whole procedure and was redirected to the lies that I was brought up with through medical facilities and doctor's explaining that it was not a big deal. It was a simple procedure and took little time to recover from. ( I never got an abortion or have ever thought of getting one) I have always just tried to educate myself on options. Being that I have a 7 year old, I can remember when several people had told me what my options were and what they thought I should do. I quickly said no to the thought of abortion but always thought of how it would be if some one were in the situation of rape or molestation. I pondered in my mind of how horrible the 9 months would be to go through before giving birth even if you did give it for adoption. Then while reading I came upon a post about how the bodies are sold for body parts, delicacy's, research, some are just burned etc. It makes me sick to think about it all but I still am undecided on the whole act. I also found out that when they are burned their is toxin's that are being released into the air that are horrible along with that there are Doctors being sued for improper disposal of the fetus and even for selling in the black market. Make sure if you are going to get an abortion that you do ALL your research first. (this does not mean I am condoning it at all)

No comments: